Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dance Dance Revolution

My university life….wa….full of sweet sweet memories lo…when I was young, I always envy people and admire people who dare to stand on the stage for performance. Even until my age 20 I still watch my friends dancing on the stage~~~Hehehe but nobody knows….when the time has come, the stage will belong to me~~ wahahaha


At my age 21!!! Finally!! I learn my first dance with a group of friends a traditional dance using “san zhi”(fan).. yea….of course..i am so care about the performance…I am very nervous. hehehehe first time…I dance in front of so many people~~~


Performance during 2006 mooncake festival


sometimes being "sampat" also ok de hahahha



Then comes to year 2007, before Chinese New Year, again, I took part in Pesta Angpau in UMS. This time very “geng” I practice for two dances in a time. One is “qi zhi wu”(chess dance) and one more was using “hua qiu”( handmade flower). Hahahaha Still traditional dances. I couldn’t forget the big group of friendsss that practice together…so crazy….really enjoying the practice. Even we had a lot of assignments and lab reports but we still manage to get extra time for practice. Wow… gets to experiencing to sleep in Canselor Hall all together for a night before PAP. It is just one in a whole life experience.


pratctice ar......performance 3 minutes on stage , practice 3 months downstage.


Tired until sleep in Canselor Hall. its ok...have carpet.


Yeah~~~common we r the chess people. red chess and black chess gonna fight on stage.



Mu Dan Jiang.....using "nan quan mama" song


After PAP, I found out year 2007 really my year of performance, while waiting for mooncake festival for coming, we started to practice new dance, this time, I had a chance to perform a hip hop dance and 2 traditional dance using “ shan zhi” as well. Hm…I couldn’t forget that time, our dancing group was so famous, and our group was invited to so many places to dance…hahahaha wa….seems any events in Kota Kinabalu also seen our faces. That time, I and my group have to rush from one place to another to dance. The funny scene was we had to wear a traditional custom to dance a hip hop dance during rehearsal. Hard to accept and hard to imagine too. hahaha. This time was a real happy, enjoy and hard time. Happy and enjoy no need to explain, hard time is me and two others dance members gotta pass up assignments (more than 10 pages each). We just rush it after all performance and we burn midnight oil for several nights. Unforgettable.


The L group. grouped by L peoplessss with some L looksss...



Another "shan zhiwu" with big butterfly on our head.



Hehehe another "shan zhi wu" also have big big butterfly on our head. no choice...we looks like flower.



Although people will see a dancing people as soft and girlish, but but but i am not. I also took part in wushu. That time if not mistaken is in year 2008, in International Students Day, I perform a real short performance of “jian”(sword). Hehehehe


We all very “smart” right? Hehehe



After that, I stop for a long time, for training in teaching. my last year in university, I still able to participate actively in university activity. Again, I took part in Pesta Angpau 2009. This time was really great. I dance two traditional dance and practice for wushu that playing “jian” (sword) just for PAP. The thing really hard was the rehearsal time. I not even have time to breath; I had to continue from wushu, and then continued to rehearse two others traditional dance. Wow….busy busy!! Luckily during the real performance, the dance and wushu performance goes smoothly. hehehe so happy at least we have some contribution to the big Chinese events before we all these old people gonna graduate hahaha.


"Tao" (or so called ESCAPE) hahaha



Water Lady...a bit popular because we r too pretty and watery~~~ hahahahaha other name..juicy girl...soku~~oh~~?


P/s no photo for wushu group…. you have to understand la…not enough time to capture picture..wahahaha


I really happy and enjoy the fun fun time with all the dancers that from variety of courses and years. Amazingly, majority of the dancers are from education course. Just to tell everyone..Teacher not only know to teach subject content but also know how to dance and be artistic one!! hahaha Yea…that what people said…enjoy your university life. Now I understand. Enjoy everything. hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment